Tips to go Skiing

Coming back to blog-sphere after a long while, I realized that I missed to write this post after my previous one. The winter went off long ago and I couldn't go skiing last season due to some diversions. Now summer is almost skipping and I am here with a skiing post. Not new to me. I am someone who does many things late. Basically I am lazy. But now I decided to write it anyway as it could be useful to the other part of the world. So here I go..

Dress for the weather and purpose
This is the best and easiest thing to do. Put on the right clothes. The weather may sometimes vary a lot once you start skiing. but feeling warmer is better than dying in cold. I always prefer putting on my ski wear - full thermals, ski trousers (NO to jeans), jacket, wollen socks, gloves, ski cap, mask (optional). I also carry an extra pair of jacket (thinner one), socks and gloves, incase I need them post skiing to avoid dampness. I add/remove my top layers based on the weather conditions.

Choose right equipment
This is another important thing. Without this, nothing works well. Make sure you are using the right sizes of shoes, skies, poles and helmet. If you are unsure, for the first time you can rent them at the ski-centre. They will help you decide the right ones. I did that a couple of times before I got my own equipment.

Get fit
As much as it is fun, skiing is hard work too. But trust me, the hard work cannot beat the fun you will have. And being fit never harmed anyone in anyway. Workout a bit in advance so you don't feel easily tired and can have more fun than pain.

Protect your skin
Use a sunscreen even when the weather is not sunny. You never know, Sun God might just peep out once you are on the top of the mountain and you don't want to ruin your skin because of a fun activity. SPF 30 works. I prefer SPF 50 as I have very sensitive skin.

Don't forget the goggles
Sports glasses work. Personally, I like skiing goggles as they are big and could be fit to the helmet to avoid them from falling. Also covers most of my face protecting from sun.

Ski lessons
Its recommendable to take quick 45mins - 1hour lessons from an expert. It might sound and look easy but having some tips help.

Warm up
If you are a beginner, don't be embarrassed to start from the kid's slope. It's a good warm up to do few times before you dash out to the sloppy slopes.

Eat well, drink well
This is another important thing. As it is said - It's no fun on an empty stomach!
Eat/drink good enough before like you do before a workout. Also prefer eating every 2hours. I like having some hot or warm food.. like for example, imagine having a hot dog or a hot chocolate after being out in snow. Heaven!

Last but not the least, Never give up!
There will be a lot of falling and getting up. There will be kids skiing around easily while you fall and sit there and wonder what you have been doing in life till now without learning to ski. Almost every adult feels that way. Remember to take it easy, embarrass yourself but never give up!

Let me know your tips in the comments below.

Happy Skiing! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Would love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Popular posts from this blog

:)

Be Right Back!

Rodeo Carnival